"All Change" is the ninth episode of the first season of Vikings. It is the ninth episode of the series overall. It first aired on April 28, 2013. It was written by creator Michael Hirst and directed by Ken Girotti.
At the behest of King Horik, Ragnar assembles a small party to travel to Gotaland (modern day Sweden) to resolve a land dispute with the area’s leader, Jarl Borg. Ragnar’s renown precedes him and Jarl Borg is intrigued – has he found a new ally or is Ragnar just a puppet of the king? Meanwhile in Kattegat, with a plague taking its toll on the village, the people look to Lagertha to help appease the gods.
- Travis Fimmel as Earl Ragnar
- Katheryn Winnick as Lagertha
- Clive Standen as Rollo
- Jessalyn Gilsig as Siggy
- Gustaf Skarsgård as Floki
- George Blagden as Athelstan
- Alyssa Sutherland as Princess Aslaug
- Donal Logue as King Horik
Additional Cast (in order of appearance)Edit
- Tadhg Murphy as Arne
- Jefferson Hall as Torstein
- Ruby O'Leary as Gyda
- Elinor Crawley as Thyri
- David Michael Scott as Nils
- Michelle Costello as Female Servant 1
- Rebecca Grimes as Female Servant 2
- Michelle Beamish as Female Servant 3
- Hillary Rose as Female Servant 4
- This episode marks the first appearance of Princess Aslaug.
- Aslaug claims to be the daughter of King Sigurd the Dragonslayer and the Shieldmaiden Brynhildir, daughter of King Budli of the Svear (Swedes). The Volsung Saga is the source of her background. The family of her maternal grandfather is suggested by the Asmundar Saga Kappabana relates the tale of Hildabrand, her half-Hunnish cousin, who was ultimately killed by Asmundar the Champion-Slayer.
- Gotaland (Old Norse: Gautland) is a province in southern Sweden which was the original homeland of the Gautar or "Geats" as described in the Old English epic tale of Beowulf.
- Jarl Borg is suggested to be the most powerful of the Geatish lords who contends with the Danish King Horik Gudfredsson over terrorities in Gautland/Götaland.