Season 5 of Vikings is premiered on November 29, 2017 on History in Canada and in the United States and is set to conclude later in 2018, consisting of 20 episodes. It is the first season to not feature Travis Fimmel as King Ragnar. Like the previous season, this season will also be split into two parts with the first part airing from November 29, 2017 to January 24, 2018. The second half is slated to air in 2018.
In Norway, in the wake of the death of king Ragnar and his son Sigurd, the sons of Ragnar are in civil war. Ivar claims the title of king over the kingdom of Kattegat, supported by Hvitserk and king Harald. Ubbe sides with Lagertha against their alliance.
- It was officially announced on March 17, 2016, five episodes into the show's fourth season run.
- Hirst discussed Vikings and the possibility of Season 6. Season 6 was confirmed.
- Season 5 kicked off with a double episode premiere.
Main Cast Edit
- Katheryn Winnick as Queen Lagertha
- Gustaf Skarsgård as Floki
- Clive Standen as Rollo
- Alexander Ludwig as Prince Bjorn "Ironside"
- Peter Franzén as King Harald "Finehair"
- Jasper Pääkkönen as Halfdan "The Black"
- Moe Dunford as King Aethelwulf
- Alex Høgh Andersen as Prince Ivar "The Boneless"
- Marco Ilsø as Prince Hvitserk
- Jordan Patrick Smith as Prince Ubbe
- Jonathan Rhys Meyers as Bishop Heahmund
Recurring Cast Edit
- Jennie Jacques as Queen Judith
- Georgia Hirst as Torvi
- Josefin Asplund as Astrid
- Ida Nielsen as Margrethe
- Adam Copeland as Ketjill "Flatnose"
- Kris Holden-Ried as Eyvind 
- David Wellington: 1
- See also: Episodes
|5.01||50||The Departed Part 1||November 29, 2017|
|Tensions mount between the sons of Ragnar Lothbrok; with King Aethelwulf and his family still in hiding, Heahmund, the warrior bishop, rallies the Saxons to defend the Realm, as the Great Army moves to take York.|
|5.02||51||The Departed Part 2||November 29, 2017|
Ivar is determined to lead the Great Army as the Vikings establish their stronghold in York; in Kattegat, Lagertha misjudges King Harald and pays a heavy price; Floki arrives at a mysterious land.
|5.03||52||Homeland||December 6, 2017|
|Celebrations are cut short in the aftermath of the battle at York; Ragnar Lothbrok's sons are pitted against each other as tensions reach an all-time high, and each one is forced to choose a side.|
|5.04||53||The Plan||December 13, 2017|
|Guided by Bishop Heahmund's visions, the Saxons devise a battle plan; Ivar the Boneless strategizes as the Vikings undergo increasing pressure; Bjorn Ironside finds himself in a new territory and must convince the local commander he is a trader.|
|5.05||54||The Prisoner||December 20, 2017|
|Ivar meets his match in Bishop Heahmund; Floki returns to Kattegat; Bjorn receives a lavish welcome in North Africa.|
|5.06||55||The Message||December 27, 2017|
|Lagertha is betrayed, and Bjorn must find a way to support the distraught queen; Floki and his settlers arrive in a new land, but it is far from what they expected.|
- ↑ http://deadline.com/2016/03/vikings-renewed-season-5-history-jonathan-rhys-meyers-1201722220/
- ↑ http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/live-feed/vikings-season-4-finale-deaths-970810
- ↑ http://www.ibtimes.com.au/vikings-season-5-get-ready-2-hour-premiere-1561322?rel=most_shared4
- ↑ http://deadline.com/2016/07/wwe-star-edge-adam-copeland-vikings-season-5-recurring-history-channel-1201792909/
- ↑ http://cartermatt.com/222663/vikings-season-5-lost-girl-alum-signs-major-role/