|Season 1, Episode 4|
|Air date||March 24, 2013|
|Written by||Michael Hirst|
|Directed by||Ciaran Donnelly|
Trial is the fourth episode of the show, Vikings. The episode will premiere on March 24, 2013.
The Vikings head back to England to see what other treasures this new world has to offer. This go round Ragnar and his crew sail out with Earl Haraldson’s permission….and also with Earl Haraldson’s spy. After bloodshed on the beach, the Vikings choose the Sabbath to invade the town of Hexam and unleash a flood of violence and panic. In the midst of the terror, Ragnar and Lagertha discover that there are consequences for every action and Earl Haraldson is always watching.
- Travis Fimmel as Ragnar Lothbrok
- Katheryn Winnick as Lagertha
- Clive Standen as Rollo
- Jessalyn Gilsig as Siggy
- Gustaf Skarsgård as Floki
- George Blagden as Athelstan
- Gabriel Byrne as Earl Haraldson
- "You are the man people say you are. A great adventurer. And I am proud to salute your achievement, and to share in the profit of your raid." - Earl Haraldson to Ragnar Lothbrok