- For the group of warriors, go to the Viking page.
Originally planned to only be a miniseries, as stated by initial reports and releases, the show was renewed for a second season after the strong support it got from critics and viewers and is currently on its fourth season. The title theme is "If I Had a Heart" by Fever Ray.
On March 17, 2016, History renewed Vikings for a fifth season of 20 episodes.
The series introduces us to the brutal and mysterious world of Ragnar Lothbrok (Travis Fimmel), a Viking warrior and farmer who yearns to explore—and raid—the distant shores across the ocean. His ambition puts him at odds with local chieftain Earl Haraldson (Gabriel Byrne), who insists on sending his raiders to the impoverished east rather than the uncharted west. When Ragnar teams up with his boat builder friend Floki (Gustaf Skarsgard) to craft a new generation of intrepid ships capable of conquering the rough northern seas, the stage is set for conflict.
But for all its warfare and bloodshed, Vikings is also a story of family and brotherhood, capturing the love and affection between Ragnar and his wife, Lagertha (Katheryn Winnick), a respected warrior in her own right. It is the tale of Ragnar’s brother Rollo (Clive Standen), a fierce fighter who simmers with jealously; of Earl Haraldson’s wife Siggy (Jessalyn Gilsig), a dutiful beauty who may be less than loyal; and of the monk Athelstan (George Blagden), whose Christian morals clash with the Vikings’ pagan society. As ambition and innovation rattle a civilization, these characters will be put to the test—and their way of life will never be the same again.
Starring Cast Edit
- Travis Fimmel as Ragnar (season 1–present)
- Katheryn Winnick as Lagertha (season 1–present)
- Clive Standen as Rollo (season 1–present)
- Jessalyn Gilsig as Siggy (seasons 1–3)
- Gustaf Skarsgård as Floki (season 1–present)
- George Blagden as Athelstan (seasons 1–present(only as visions)
- Alyssa Sutherland as Aslaug (season 1–present)
- Donal Logue as King Horik (seasons 1–2)
- Gabriel Byrne as Earl Haraldson (season 1)
- Alexander Ludwig as Bjorn (season 2–present)
- Linus Roache as King Ecbert (season 2–present)
- Ben Robson as Kalf (season 3–present)
- Kevin Durand as Harbard (season 3–present)
- Lothaire Bluteau as Emperor Charles (season 3–present)
Supporting Cast Edit
- Maude Hirst as Helga (season 1–present)
- Jefferson Hall as Torstein (seasons 1–3)
- John Kavanagh as the Seer (season 1–present)
- Moe Dunford as Aethelwulf (season 2–present)
- Cormac Melia as Ubbe (season 2–present)
- Cathal O'Hallin as Hvitserk (season 2–present)
- Gaia Weiss as Þórunn (season 2–present)
- Edvin Endre as Erlendur (season 2–present)
- Philip O'Sullivan as Bishop Edmund (season 2–present)
- Nathan O'Toole as Bjorn (seasons 1–2)
- Thorbjørn Harr as Jarl Borg (seasons 1–2)
- Georgia Hirst as Torvi (season 2–present)
- Ruby O'Leary as Gyda (season 1)
- Tadhg Murphy as Arne (seasons 1–2)
- Sarah Greene (season 2) and Jennie Jacques (season 3–present) as Judith (season 2–present)
- Amy Bailey as Kwenthrith (season 2–present)
- Elinor Crawley as Thyri (seasons 1, 3)
- David Pearse as Svein (season 1)
- Ivan Kaye as King Aelle (season 1–present)
- Diarmaid Murtagh as Leif (season 1)
- Steve Wall as Einar (season 2–present)
- Carrie Crowley as Elisef (seasons 1–2)
- Greg Orvis as Siegfried (season 3)
- Aaron Monaghan as Burgred (season 3)
- Eric Higgins as Knut (season 1)
- See Promo Pictures for more images.